During the year 1700s, Franz Mesmer, a German physician, used the technique of ‘mesmerizing’ people through suggestion. Local people banished him and held his tricks as deceitful. However, large-scale research has proved that hypnotherapy is not a trick and in the present era, hypnotists are greatly respected in the field of psychology. Although this discipline has gained wide recognition throughout the world, many people are still unaware about its workings.
The human mind could be divided into two parts- the conscious and the unconscious. Conscious area is where a person tends to live at present, it is rational and analytical. On the other hand all the thoughts, feelings, gathered experiences, subdued fears and desires live in the unconscious area, this part is literal and personal. Hypnotherapy works to update the unconscious mind and set up a communication between these two vast domains of our psyche. Extensive studies and clinical trials have shown that hypnosis could be used effectively for treating a range of medical conditions.
Myths and Misconceptions
Although Hypnotherapy has acquired wide-acceptance in most of the leading nations, many people consider that this subject is a way of humiliating people for entertainment or as a dark-art, which controls and manipulates the human mind. These are nothing but mere false notions. Hypnotherapy is just an easy method, which works to alter the naturally occurring states of human brain.
1. Self- People uses this to rectify them. Through the practice of meditation, they could get relaxation, success and inner balance. Life gets easy and agreeable by this process.
2. Clinical- In medical professions, it gives people relief from stress-related issues and accomplishes their lives. It is an effectual solution to problems such as overweight, phobias and smoking habits.
3. Conversational- This is arguably the most adaptable of all types. It takes place through a pleasant interaction or negotiation. It could affect and transform all aspects of our lives.
4. Street or Stage- This type is solely meant for entertainment purpose. It provides people with the thrill of swift inductions and funny conditions.
The Problems Solved
• Though stress is natural in every person’s life; it could be severe and cause many serious physical as well as emotional problems. Hypnosis could be a successful way of managing and reducing stress.
• Self-confidence is known to have a direct impact on our relationships, careers and all other endeavors. Thus, improving the confidence level is a goal of many people. Hypnotherapy is an excellent way of cultivating confidence if you are not born with it.
• Depression is a common condition, which affects many people. Hypnotherapy is a potentially effective treatment for it.
Thus, users could hope to get rid of their profound and complicated problems through hypnotherapy and expect to have a wonderful life filled with positivity.